SUNY University at Buffalo - Alumni Arena & Clark Hall Natatoriums

Designed by the Buffalo architectural firm of E.B. Green & Sons, Clark Hall was originally named the Irwin B. Clark Memorial Gymnasium in 1937. Made possible by a bequest from Clark’s wife, Evelyn, it addressed “a long felt gap in campus facilities,” according to the 1938 Buffalonian yearbook.

Today the distinguished structure has a pool, dance studio, a main gym with three basketball courts and a smaller gym, plus facilities for volleyball, badminton, squash and boxing.

The renovations included new window system designs, vinyl depth markings on gutter backs, joint ductile construction, lane targets and lane lines, glazed tile replacement, and mechanical upgrades.

Services provided:

  • Asbestos & Lead-Based Paint Inspection

  • Abatement Project Design

  • Project Monitoring & Air Sampling

  • Laboratory Analysis for Fibers in Air by PCM